Friday, September 14, 2012

Realizing the meaning of "never judge a book by its cover"


Everyone at least once in their life has sat though one of those                      "chic flicks" the ones taking place in high school with the troubled                              
teen star trying to find her place in school. the mean girls giving
her a horrible time, and her falling for the the most handsome guy in
school she knows she doesn't have a chance with. The movie normally
ends with the mean girls being defeated and her and the boy falling
for each other. now, I was the type of person to think that that type
of story was just some cheesy movie plot and belonged on the big
screen. but recently, I'm forced to realize that my life is a movie
plot right now, and the ratings aren't very high.

       Everyone shall not be named. I don't mean to hate, just using examples.
it all started in the 6th grade, I was new to public school, I had
gone to a private Christan school my whole life up until that first
day of 6th grade. about a week in, I noticed this one girl in some of
my classes. she was one of the popular kids you know?  she was             smart, Pretty, very social. and I got this crazy thought in my head one day
like "Wow! I really want to be like her!" She was kinda like a role
model to me at school. I'm a shy girl, on a scale to one to ten, I'd
most likely be a 6 or a 7, or maybe even a 8. Its so bad I will avoid
Calling or asking for something I want or need just to avoid talking
to people I don't know. So, to have someone make me want to change and
talk to more people, that was monumental. so I had a lot of respect
for this girl.
Then it all shattered one epic day on the bus. I was sitting with my
fellow blogger Elf-Alchemist, talking like we normally do. and she
just suddenly turns, and in short claimed we were a lesbian couple.
Just out of the blue for no reason at all, just because we talk often
i guess.
To me and elf-y it just made no sense AT. ALL. we have often said when
the subject is brought up we are DEFIANTLY not each other type. we are
almost opposites. she's smart and focused and proper. I'm Crazy, loud,
and annoying. She likes crafts, I on the other hand like art and
drawing more. so, us ever being closer (if for some reason we were)
magically not straight. . .and trust me. we both DEFIANTLY like guys.
 we would kill each other. the end.
      To have this comment made was surprising, and a bit rude., and
all out just childish for a 6th grader (then I later found out is
wasn't just her but almost everyone. my Friends and I are the few
mature ones who don't giggle in sex ed and die of shame if we get a
grade lower then a B ) So, ever sense that one afternoon, I have lost
all respect for that girl and think she's just as cheesy as the string
cheese she packs in her lunch everyday. I'm not proud of it, but i
hold a grudge. its been about three years and I still dislike that
girl.
the res on this was brought on is just because i had another encounter
with a very nice girl acting surprisingly mean to me, I hope she was
just having a stressful day and really didn't mean to act so rude.

Lesson learned here: Life's a flippen movie down to the falling for a
boy you never have a chance with. still waiting for the happy ending
though. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment