Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Finding Clothes: Such a Chore

                              
Hello All! Elf-Alchemist here with my complaints (again) 

Old Navy Jeans
               We've all gone clothes shopping in our lives, and we will continue to do so, but I have one question to ask: Why is finding clothes that fit me properly so hard? 
              I'm average height and weight for my age, (ranging on skinny) with a bit of an hour glass figure, all-in-all, a pretty standard. This being so, you would think finding clothes that fit would be easy right? Right? Wrong. 
           If the shirts aren't t-shirts, I have to keep going up sizes to fit my shoulders, and if it fits my shoulders, it's a tent on my waist. Therefore, my closet consists mainly of t-shirts. 
      Jeans, the marvelous invention by Levi Strauss. They've evolved over the decades, high-waisted, bell-bottoms, skinny, low rise, mid rise, stonewashed. The types are endless, however with the recent craze of "skinny" jeans, and "low-rise" it's becoming increasingly harder to find jeans that fit. Where I shop, according to the brand-makers, the only people that wear jeans are 6ft tall size-0 models, making me, (of rather average height) have to hem my jeans and look for the impossible half-size to accommodate my hips.
taken from "The Fashion Police" 
            When shopping for some new summer clothes I noticed something unusual about the short racks. They weren't there, the panty-jeans having taken their place. With hems so short I could see the pocket hanging down. I get that some girls feel completely comfortable in wearing short-shorts, however, they aren't for everyone, and frankly..I don't like my butt showing when I bend down. 
            Finally, after hours of searching you find a brand or a style with your size it's time too look at the price. In my opinion, clothes these days are horribly over-priced. I don't want to pay $30.50 for a pair of shorts I'll wear one summer, or $45 for a see-through shirt that I know will shrink in the wash. Many stores have a gimmick of  showing you "how much you've saved." This only serves to remind me how overpriced the clothes are in the first place.
          According to most of society we should all be tall, skinny, perfectly sized models who never have to worry about if the price is right. Why can't we have an average size? 
Mudd t-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment